If you are willing to work hard, really hard, for 90 days to get a shredded, ripped body, then you may want to try P90X. This workout program is a home workout that you do from the comfort of your own living room. But that is the only comfortable thing about it! There are 12 different workouts that you alternate between.
Always changing things up is a technique called muscle confusion. This works by keeping your muscles guessing what they will be asked to do next. This stops the muscles from getting to used to a workout, and it makes you get results much faster! It also keeps you interested in the workout because there is so much variety. The program also comes with a healthy eating plan to speed up your fat loss and ensure that you have enough energy for these intense workouts.
The P90X Workout Routines
You will be working out 6 days a week, for 60 to 90 minutes a day. The 12 different workout routines are:
• Chest and Back
• Plyometrics – these are jumping moves that have a high calorie burn rate, and they improve athletic performance.
• Shoulders and Arms
• Yoga X – you have never done yoga like this before! You will break a sweat while toning and lengthening the muscles in your entire body.
• Legs and Back – one of the toughest workouts, mega calories burned!
• Kenpo X – intense kicking and punching workout
• X Stretch – a full body stretching routine that incorporates yoga and karate moves
• Core Synergistics – work the core and condition the entire body
• Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps
• Back and Biceps
• Cardio X – a low impact aerobics class that you do in your living room!
• Ab Ripper X – promises to help you sculpt six pack abs
Healthy Eating With P90X
The nutrition plan that comes with the program has 3 phases. The first phase is a low carb diet, where a high protein intake and a low carbohydrate intake is suggested. You will stay in this phase for the first 30 days. This is the extreme fat loss stage, you can expect to lose 5 or more pounds the first week!
The second phase adds back carbs to the program. As the workouts increase in intensity, more carbohydrates are needed to fuel the body for these workouts. This phase also lasts 30 days, and this is the moderate fat loss stage. You will still lose fat but at a slower pace.
The third phase adds even more carbs back into the program, reaching the level of carbs that athletes normally consume. This is the goal phase where the user wants to maintain their weight and build more muscle.
P90X promises to transform your body from regular to ripped in 90 days. If you are not happy with your results, the program is sold with a 100 percent money back guarantee. But if you follow the program closely, you should be guaranteed to get great results. You will feel so great and look so amazing that you will never want to go back to your old unhealthy habits again!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Physical Fitness.